This easy Mediterranean Detox Salad is made of a rainbow of delicious ingredients that you feel good about enjoying! Plus, it's topped with a simply tangy apple dressing.
Mediterranean Detox Salad
Overall I'm not a huge fan of any sort of fade diets or detoxes, but this simple Mediterranean detox Salad is jam-packed with delicious cruciferous veggies to support your body’s detoxification system. It can be made ahead of time to fit into your busy schedule.
I like to make a big batch of this tangy apple dressing and pre-chop my veggies at the beginning of the week, so preparing a healthy salad every day takes less than 5 minutes when you need something healthy and fast.
When you throw all of these powerful ingredients into one salad, the results are delicious, and a great way to start a healthy meal is by adding this detox-friendly salad to your life.
These Ingredients Make this Mediterranean Detox Salad:
This salad is jam-packed with nutrients to support your body’s detoxification system and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time.
- Cauliflower & Broccoli: they loaded with vitamin C sulphur, which helps to remove free radicals and uric acid from your body
- Rainbow Carrots: Carrots help balance your hormones by binding to and removing excess estrogen from the body. Also, it helps to restore digestion by removing bad bacteria from the gut. I prefer to julienne the carrots in this recipe for extra texture. However, you can also shred them.
- Dried Cranberries: These little gems provide the perfect touch of sweetness to the salad and give that winter vibe.
- Sliced Almonds: Almond gives this salad a delightful crunch, also providing some extra healthy fats, magnesium and vitamin E. You can also swap out the almonds for pumpkin seed or use both!
- Honey Apple Vinaigrette: Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, onion & garlic and honey. This one of my favourite dressing, and it's also immune-boosting too!
How to make this Mediterranean Detox Salad?
Making this salad isn’t much different from any other salad.
- Prepare the dressing
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower, then grate your carrots
- Add the prepared ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and give a toss.
- Then top it with cranberries and almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making this Salad
- Make it vegan by leaving out the honey. You can add a different sweetener or leave it out and let the cranberries’ sweetness be the only sweet element.
- Make the dressing bolder by using fresh garlic and shallots. I love using fresh garlic whenever possible, but in this case, I wanted that taste more subdued that’s why I choose to use dried garlic and onions since it’s not the focus of the dish. If you want to add fresh garlic, use a Microplane to grate into the dressing or mash it with a mortar pestle. If you want to use, onions choose a shallot and dice it really finely.
- Add more ingredients to make it a full meal. This simple salad makes for a great side dish, but you can easily turn it into a complete meal with chicken or chickpeas.
- Prepare Veggies ahead of time: You can save some time during the busy weeknights by preparing your veggies during the weekend and storing them in an airtight container until ready for use.
- This salad is the best for Broccoli stems. I don't know about you, but for me, I have a habit of forgetting about my broccoli or delaying using until the crowns have started to lose their lustre. If you find yourself in this predicament, chop of the crowns and use only the stems for this salad, it still tastes suburb.
Looking for More Salad Recipes?
- Winter Beetroot & Carrot Salad⏤Don't let the title fool you, this recipe is great all year round!!!
- Authentic Fattoush Salad⏤This crispy, crunchy & tart salad is everyone's favourite find out why!
- Mediterranean Bulgur Salad⏤Quick, easy and tasty it's a great way to use leftover bulgur.
- 1 head of broccoli
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 3 medium rainbow carrots, julienned or shredded
- ¼ cup cranberries, dried
- ¼ cup almond flakes, toasted
Apple cider Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Add all of the apple cider vinaigrette ingredients into a small jar with a lid. Close the lid and shake. Set Aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size pieces (also know as florets). Julienne your carrots or shred them. (see note for details)
- Combine the salad. In a large bowl add the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and vinaigrette. Mix.
- Finish touches. Pour the salad into a nice serving plate add the cranberries and almond and serve.
How to julienne your carrots.
- Peel the carrots and cut 4 slices lengthwise. (the width of each piece is about ½ the size of an iPhone) Then turn onto the flat side. Repeat a few more times to trim the remaining sides.
- Arrange the carrots slices in a stack. Carefully cut the stack of carrot slices lengthways into matchstick pieces.
I prefer to use a julienne peeler or just shred the carrots to make things easier.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g